Welcome to the POOBI website.
Thank you for visiting the new POOBI website.
This website is full of information about the institution as a whole, the kind of help and
support it offers and how you can be of help too.
POOBI – Serving staff and pensioners of Royal Mail Group plc since 1870.
Parts of this site are still under construction, so if you cannot find what you are looking
for, please get in touch via the contact us
Notice of the Annual General Meeting of The Post Office Orphans Benevolent Institution (POOBI)
The Annual General Meeting of POOBI is to take place on Thursday 12th June at 15:00hrs at Royal Mail, 185 Farringdon Rd, LONDON. EC1A 1AA
Those who subscribe to POOBI are entitled to attend and if wishing to do so should apply to The Secretary POOBI, Royal Mail, 185 Farringdon Rd, LONDON.
EC1A 1AA for a ticket and not later than 15th of May. Please note for reasons of security admission will be by ticket.
The following motions will be proposed at the meeting:
- To receive the report of the Trustees of POOBI for the year ending 31st December 2013 together with the report of the auditors of POOBI.
- To receive the accounts for the year ending 31st December 2013.
- To re-appoint R E Jones & Co, Chartered Accountants, as auditors for the year ending 31st December 2014
- To re-elect as Trustees of POOBI: Brian Thomson, Steve Melhuish, David Chapman, Lorna Clarkson, Helen Rolph, Hazel Williams, Maria Toutouyoutte,
Carol Shonibare, Kevin Walsh.
- To elect as trustee of POOBI Mr Theodore John D’ Cruz.
- The Trustees to elect from their number a committee of management and officers of POOBI.
- To amend the rules of POOBI to take account of the change in the legal structure of Royal Mail & the status of former pensioners of the Post
Office Corporation; namely: “the following are eligible to apply to POOBI for charitable grants (subject to the criteria for each category of
grant as laid down by the Trustees of POOBI from time to time and which are available on request): employees of Royal Mail plc (but excluding
employees of General Logistics Systems BV), employees of Post Office Ltd, subscribing members of POOBI who are employed by BT plc, UK domiciled
pensioners of Royal Mail plc, UK domiciled pensioners of the former Post Office corporation and who are now pensioners of Royal Mail Statutory
- To approve the use of the name POOBI (which is a registered trademark) in all communications issue by The Post Office Orphans Benevolent
- To approve the use of the website: poobi.org for the purposes of communication with subscribers of POOBI.
Secretary to Trustees
12th April 2014