Welcome to the POOBI website.
Thank you for visiting the new POOBI website.
This website is full of information about the institution as a whole, the kind of help and
support it offers and how you can be of help too.
POOBI – Serving staff and pensioners of Royal Mail Group plc since 1870.
Parts of this site are still under construction, so if you cannot find what you are looking
for, please get in touch via the contact us
Notice of the Annual General Meeting of The Post Office Orphans Benevolent Institution (POOBI)
The Annual General Meeting of POOBI is to take place on Thursday 23rd April 2015 at 15:30hrs at Royal Mail, 185 Farringdon Rd, LONDON. EC1A 1AA
Those who subscribe to POOBI are entitled to attend and if wishing to do so should apply to The Secretary POOBI, Royal Mail, 185 Farringdon Rd,
LONDON. EC1A 1AA for a ticket and not later than 27th of March 2015. Please note for reasons of security admission will be by ticket.
Any nominations for election as Trustee must be advised in writing to the secretary at the above address not later than 27th march 2015.
Any draft resolutions to be considered under any other business at the AGM should be submitted in writing to the Secretary by not later than
27th March 2015.
The following motions will be proposed at the meeting:
- To receive received the minutes of the Annual general Meeting held on 12th June 2014.
- To receive the report of the Trustees of POOBI for the year ending 31st December 2014 together with the report of the auditors of POOBI.
- To receive the accounts for the year ending 31st December 2014.
- To re-appoint R E Jones & Co, Chartered Accountants, as auditors for the year ending 31st December 2015.
- To re-elect as Trustees of POOBI: Brian Thomson, Steve Melhuish, David Chapman, Lorna Clarkson, Helen Rolph, Hazel Williams, Maria Toutouyoutte,
Carol Shonibare, Kevin Walsh. Theodore John D’ Cruz.
- To receive any nominations for election as a Trustee (providing due notice of such nomination has been made in writing to the Secretary by the
27th March 2015 ) and to conduct a vote.
- The Trustees to elect from their number (those elected as trustees) a committee of management and officers of POOBI.
- To elect a Chairman of the Committee of Management.
- Any other business.
- Date of the next AGM.
Secretary to Trustees